STATLOCK PSI® Stabilization Device
An adhesive-based alternative to the suture and tape securement of sheaths.
The STATLOCK Percutaneous Sheath Introducer (PSI) Stabilization Device is an adhesive-based alternative to the suture and tape securement of sheaths. It offers increased patient comfort and healthcare worker safety while providing effective stabilization for sheaths.
Suture Complications: Complications incurred with using suture can include the following
- Suture wound oozing and infection
- Increased occurrence of catheter-related bloodstream infections
- Possibility of Healthcare Provider needle stick and resulting infection
Benefits of using STATLOCK PSI Stabilization Device
- Eliminates suture-wound complications
- Increases patient comfort
- Provides proactive healthcare provider safety
- Reduces complications that may lead to catheter-related blood stream infections
Standards of Practice Compliance
- CDC (2002 Guidelines) – "Sutureless securement devices can be advantageous over suture in preventing catheter-related blood stream infections (CRBSI's)"
- OSHA (2004 Fact Sheet) – "As part of their annual review of methods to reduce needle sticks, employers must review options for securing medical catheters and consider appropriate engineering and work practice controls"
- INS (2006 Guidelines) – "Whenever feasible, using a manufactured catheter stabilization device is preferred"
STATLOCK is a registered trademark of C. R. Bard, Inc.
- The slow set center adhesive pad allows for repositioning of the device. The hydrocolloid adhesive is more resistant to moisture
- The fast set wing adhesive pads lock the device into position with an acrylic adhesive
- Both adhesives must be removed with alcohol
Patient Friendly Materials
- Tricot-woven polyester anchor pad
- Proven acrylic and hydrocolloid adhesive formula
- Molded polypropylene and krayton retainer
- Waxed silk ties
- No components or packaging contain latex