Developed to help you create an ideal environment for newborns to breathe, sleep and grow.
Ready for the reality of NICU
SERVO-n® was created to help you provide vulnerable neonates with the support they need while protecting the lungs, brain, and other developing organs.
Sensitive and responsive, SERVO-n compensates for variable leakage in both invasive* and non-invasive modes of ventilation. SERVO-n can deliver tidal volumes as low as 2ml in patients as small as 0.3kg and includes optional hot-wire flow sensor technology to both trigger and measure pressure and flow at the patient interface.
- SERVO-n also enables you to monitor the electrical activity of the diaphragm (Edi). This signal reflects the neonate’s neural respiratory drive, breath by breath. With it you can determine the optimal level of assist at any given time, in any mode of ventilation. SERVO-n includes Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA®), a ventilation mode with the ability to match support to the irregular breathing patterns of neonates. There are many benefits with using NAVA, such as reduced work of breathing1, lower peak pressures and FiO2 requirements2, and improved comfort3. All of these benefits help you support neonates breathing spontaneously, while potentially reducing the need for sedation and time on ventilation.4
- SERVO-n makes for simple and intuitive setup, monitoring, and operation. You’re never more than a touch away from on-screen support.
Babies who start their lives in the NICU will have some catching up to do. Help them breathe, sleep and grow with SERVO-n.
* Leak compensation in invasive modes is only available in the neonatal patient category and is not available in Bi-Vent.
1. Lee J, Kim H, Sohn J, Choi C, Kim E, Kim B et al. Randomized crossover study of neurally adjusted ventilatory assist in preterm infants. J Pediatr. 2012 Nov;161(5):808-13. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2012.04.040. Epub 2012 Jun 1.
2. Stein H, Alosh H, Ethington P, White DB. Prospective crossover comparison between NAVA and pressure control ventilation in premature neonates less than 1500 grams. J Perinatol. 2012 Oct 25. doi: 10.1038/jp.2012.136. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Piastra M, De Luca D, Costa R, Pizza A, De Sanctis R, Marzano L, Biasucci D, Visconti F, Conti G. Neurally adjusted ventilatory assist vs pressure support ventilation in infants recovering from severe acute respiratory distress syndrome: Nested study. J Crit Care. 2013 Oct 24. [Epub ahead of print]
4. Kallio M, Peltoniemi O, Anttila E, Pokka T, Kontiokari T. Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) in Pediatric Intensive Care – A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2014 Jan 31. doi: 10.1002/ppul.22995. [Epub ahead of print]
It doesn’t matter how advanced the therapy support platform is if the interface used to deliver therapy to the patient is compromised. Choosing genuine Maquet consumables helps ensure that you can take full advantage of the MAQUET SERVO-n®.
- are fully tested and approved
- are made of top quality material and design
- guarantee full capabilities and performance
- minimize risk for unplanned downtime and ensures optimum performance throughout the system's lifecycle
Maquet has designed a full range of masks, breathing systems/circuits and patient specific interface options for use with SERVO ventilators. Each of these options is quality engineered to ensure access to the platforms’ key support features while supporting better patient comfort and safety.
Neonatal prongs and masks
The Miniflow® adapter has been designed to minimize weight, noise level, and dead space volume. The caregiver can alternate between prongs and masks to help support patient skin integrity during therapy.
Filters and humidifiers
The unique Servo Duo Guard filter is specially designed to manage nebulized medications. It can be used for 48 hours without exchange. It also helps to support a healthy work-environment for your staff and at the same time protects the ventilator, helping support a long life time of use.
Servo humidifiers are optimized to combine high efficiency with low resistance and small volume. The Servo humidifiers come in versions with or without a bacterial/viral filter, humidifying and reducing contamination risk for patient and equipment. Maquet supplies both active and passive humidifiers.