FLIXENE Vascular Grafts
FLIXENE provides a durable vascular access option.
Flixene is a unique 3 layer ePTFE graft designed for use in both vascular bypass and AV Access graft applications. The 3 layer construction provides Flixene significantly improved strength and durability over previous Getinge (formerly Maquet) single and double layer ePTFE grafts. To address a broad number of patient needs, Flixene grafts are offered in a variety of configurations including:
Straight – Getinge offers an extensive line of straight grafts. Straight grafts are often used for those applications where a bypass is needed and vessel diameter remains a constant from the proximal to the distal anastomosis.
Tapered – A wide selection of tapered grafts is also offered for those clinical applications where flow dynamics need to be altered or when performing a bypass between two different diameter vessels.1
Trumpet – For those clinical applications where a significant change in flow dynamics is sought, Getinge offers a selection of “trumpet” grafts.1 Offered in a variety of diameters (proximal end) this graft increases in diameter across the distal 8cm of the graft to an opening of 16mm. A key feature to Getinge’s trumpet grafts is that they can be cut using surgical scissors to accommodate patient anatomy.
Each of the above graft configurations are offered in both graduated wall and standard wall thickness.
Graduated Wall (GW) – To offer physicians improved suturability and handling, the Flixene GW grafts offer a reduced wall thickness at the proximal and distal 8cm segments of the graft. Getinge’s engineers were able to achieve this without reducing the strength and durability of the Flixene GW in comparison to that of our standard wall grafts which remain an active part of our product portfolio.1
Standard Wall (SW) – Getinge also offers a full line of standard wall thickness grafts.
1. Data on file.
- Flixene offers a strong and durable cannulation zone engineered to meet the clinical demands for dialysis access.1
- Clinical data demonstrates the ability of Flixene to be safely cannulated within 24 to 72 hours, enabling patients to begin dialysis within days rather than weeks.2
- Flixene comes equipped with the SLIDER GDS tunneling system. Use of the SLIDER GDS has been associated with reduced complications (seroma and pseudoaneurysm formation) as well as reduced soft tissue trauma occurrence during the tunneling process.3
- Flixene has an average outer surface porosity of 60µm, and an average inner surface porosity of 20µm.1
1. Data on file.
2. Schild AF, Schuman ES, Noicely K, et al. Early cannulation prosthetic graft (FLIXENE) for arteriovenous access. J Vasc Access. 2011 Jul-Sep;12(3):248-52.
3. Schild AF, Baltodano NM, Alfieri K, Livingstone J, Raines JK. New Graft for Low Friction Tunneling in Vascular Access Surgery. J Vasc Access. 2004 Jan-Mar;5(1):19-24.
For more information on how Flixene can augment your practice, please contact us.
Low profile vascular graft tunneling system is designed to minimize the trauma associated with tunnneling. Unique thumb tab for directional control.
The Slider GDS tunneling system provides fast graft attachment and insertion.