AXIUS Coronary Shunt
Designed to create a nearly bloodless field and provide myocardial protection during target vessel anastomosis.
The AXIUS Coronary Shunt is designed to create a nearly bloodless field and provide myocardial protection during target vessel anastomosis. Its unique internal coil and tapered tip allow easy, atraumatic insertion into the artery. With 12 available sizes – ranging from 1.0 mm to 3.5 mm – the AXIUS Coronary Shunt is sized for precise occlusion of blood flow at the anastomotic site.
Ease of Insertion
Internal coil and tapered tip for easy insertion and superior perfusion
Visualization of anastomotic site
Ease of Removal
Off-set threaded tab for asymmetrical removal
Instructions for Use
Prior to use please see the complete 'Directions for Use' for more information on Indications, Contraindications, Warnings, Precautions, Adverse Events and Operator's Instructions. Caution: Federal (USA) law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
The AXIUS Coronary Shunt is designed to help reduce blood in the operative field by temporary occlusion of the artery and to provide blood flow distal to the arteriotomy during the anastomosis. The AXIUS Coronary Shunt is not an implant and is removed prior to completion of the anastomosis.
Warnings and Precautions
- Use care during insertion and removal of the shunt to avoid tearing of the vessel wall and/or intimal dissection.
- During insertion of the shunt, avoid engaging shunt in septal or side branches.
- Discontinue use and remove if significant resistance is felt during insertion of the shunt.
- Care should be exercised upon removal of the shunt to prevent the shunt from getting entangled in sutures.
- Take care not to stitch the shunt while suturing anastomosis.
- Once shunt has been removed, do not reinsert as residual blood may remain in the lumen.