SERVO-n Neonatal Ventilator
Purposely developed to help you create an ideal environment for newborns to breathe, sleep and grow.
Ready for the reality of NICU
SERVO-n™ has been created to help you provide vulnerable neonates with the support they need while protecting the lungs, brain and other developing organs.
- SERVO-n is sensitive and fast in conventional modes and accurately delivers the pressure and volumes you set, down to 2 ml, while compensating for variable leakage.
- SERVO-n enables you to monitor the electrical activity of the diaphragm (Edi). This signal reflects the neonate’s neural respiratory drive, breath by breath. With it you can ensure the level of assist that’s best at any given time, in any mode of ventilation.
- SERVO-n includes Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA®), a ventilation mode with the capability to truly match assist to the irregular breathing pattern of neonates. There are many benefits with using NAVA, such as reduced work of breathing1, lower peak pressures and FiO22, and improved comfort3. All of these help you keep neonates breathing spontaneously, while potentially reducing the need for sedation and time on ventilation.4
- SERVO-n makes setting up, monitoring and operating surprisingly simple and intuitive. You’re never more than a touch away from onscreen help and suggestions based on current use.
Starting life in NICU means the babies will have some catching up to do. Help them breathe, sleep and grow with SERVO-n.
1. Lee J, Kim H, Sohn J, Choi C, Kim E, Kim B et al. Randomized crossover study of neurally adjusted ventilatory assist in preterm infants. J Pediatr. 2012 Nov;161(5):808-13. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2012.04.040. Epub 2012 Jun 1.
2. Stein H, Alosh H, Ethington P, White DB. Prospective crossover comparison between NAVA and pressure control ventilation in premature neonates less than 1500 grams. J Perinatol. 2012 Oct 25. doi: 10.1038/jp.2012.136. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Piastra M, De Luca D, Costa R, Pizza A, De Sanctis R, Marzano L, Biasucci D, Visconti F, Conti G. Neurally adjusted ventilatory assist vs pressure support ventilation in infants recovering from severe acute respiratory distress syndrome: Nested study. J Crit Care. 2013 Oct 24. [Epub ahead of print]
4. Kallio M, Peltoniemi O, Anttila E, Pokka T, Kontiokari T. Neurally Adjusted Ventilatory Assist (NAVA) in Pediatric Intensive Care – A Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2014 Jan 31. doi: 10.1002/ppul.22995. [Epub ahead of print]
It does not matter how advanced the support platform is if the interface linking its capabilities to the patient is compromised. Choosing genuine Maquet consumables helps ensure that you can take full advantage of the MAQUET SERVO-n®.
- are fully tested and approved
- are made of top quality material and design
- guarantee full capabilities and performance
- minimize risk for unplanned downtime and ensures optimum performance throughout the system's lifecycle
Maquet has designed a full range of masks, breathing systems/circuits and patient specific interface options for the SERVO ventilators. Each of these options is quality engineered to ensure ongoing access to the platforms’ key support features while promoting better patient comfort and safety.
Neonatal prongs and masks
The Miniflow® system is a complete system for providing NIV NAVA and nasal CPAP. The weight of the Miniflow adapter has been minimized and the noise level of the system is low. The caregiver can alternate between prongs and masks to help avoid complications. Designed to minimize the dead space volume.
Filters and humidifiers
The unique Servo Duo Guard filter is specially designed to manage nebulized medications. It can be used for 48 hours without exchange. It also helps to secure a healthy work-environment for your staff and at the same time protects the ventilator, helping ensure a long life time.
Servo humidifiers are optimized to combine high efficiency with low resistance and small volume. The Servo humidifiers come in versions with or without a bacterial/viral filter, humidifying and reducing contamination risk for patient and equipment. Maquet supplies both active and passive humidifiers.
Non-invasive ventilation (NIV) masks
The NIV face masks are non-vented and especially designed to help facilitate breathing for patients with acute or chronic respiratory distress or failure. The soft membrane cushion provides a comfortable seal that is easily fitted to your patient. The NIV masks come in a variety of sizes, and are available as reusable or disposable.
Reusable and disposable breathing systems
The breathing systems are lightweight with smoothbore internal design to minimize flow resistance. Can be fitted with active or passive humidifiers.
How to Order Consumables
For ordering of consumables please contact your local Maquet representative. You may send us a message using the contact form from the link below or reach out to us by phone or fax.
- Contact Us @wrappertag>
How to order
To place an order or learn more about any of the Maquet products, related accessories, or therapeutic solutions, please contact your local sales representative.
- Contact us @wrappertag>
Critical Care News
A peer-to-peer website for sharing clinical experience.
View the Critical Care News website