Used to empty and prevent over-distension of the left ventricle during cardiopulmonary bypass.
The Vent Catheters serve to relieve the muscles in the left ventricle by means of liquid draining thus preventing hyperextension of the left ventricle during cardiopulmonary bypass
All Maquet Vent Catheters are made of flexible, biocompatible PVC. Depth markings help in the correct positioning of the catheters. The Maquet Vent Catheters feature multiple perforation profiles with or without a central opening for effective drainage.
Our vent catheters are available in a wide range of models, with ¼" or 3/16" connector:
• Multiple perforation profiles with and without a central opening
• various sizes for pediatric and adult applications
• versions with pre-bent tip at 45°
• versions with integrated, malleable stylet to facilitate insertion
• versions with malleable body to facilitate positioning
• versions with various tube hardnesses
• versions with vacuum valve to prevent impingement on endocardial tissue