VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System
The latest generation of VASOVIEW simultaneous cut-and-seal technology for Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting (EVH).
The result of more than 15 years of continuous advancement, VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 is the latest generation of VASOVIEW simultaneous cut-and-seal technology for Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting (EVH). An embodiment of the Maquet commitment to highly refined technology and robust design, VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 virtually eliminates thermal spread and helps harvesters safely acquire high-quality conduits for coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery.* The VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting (EVH) System offers the highest level of design innovation and ergonomic sophistication. It represents the gold standard in vessel harvesting for both the saphenous vein and radial artery—delivering superb visualization and exceptional maneuverability to enable harvesters to work more efficiently and effectively for improved patient outcomes. VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 now also comes packaged with the VASOSHIELD Pressure Controlling Syringe inside as a convenience to users taking every advantage of tools that help maximize conduit quality. The VASOSHIELD Pressure Controlling Syringe is a device that protects vessels from overdistension and potential endothelial injury. Vessels flushed at controlled, lower pressures also have been shown to more effectively overcome spasm and maintain their endothelial and medial layers.
* Thermal spread is defined as the extent (length) of thermal injury of the vessel extending laterally outward from the edge of the HEMOPRO 2 Jaws at the location of the interaction between the Jaws and the vessel.
- The insulated Jaws are a key feature of the VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 System, providing maximum protection for the saphenous vein or radial artery. A new spot cautery feature allows harvesters to respond quickly and easily to maintain clear working tunnels and to ensure hemostasis.
- Easy-to-learn techniques enable harvesters to position the Jaws while protecting the main conduit.*
- Enhanced cutting capability for easier fasciotomy
- Advanced system design helps to enhance the efficiency and safety of vessel harvest
- The new, more “natural grip” handle is comfortable to hold and features an easy-activation toggle. Harvesters have a simple, smooth, and highly responsive one-fingertip control.
* When used in accordance with Instructions for Use.
The VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System is used during coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery to obtain one or more healthy vessels from the patient’s leg or arm to use as “new” vessels to bypass a blockage in the heart. It is minimally invasive, requiring only a small incision, and there is generally little patient discomfort, especially when compared to open or bridging procedures.
Vessel choices include:
- The greater saphenous vein, which runs the length of the leg
- The radial artery, which runs from the wrist to the elbow in the arm
This technology has been demonstrated to offer excellent graft patency along with significant patient benefits such as:
- Significantly less risk of infection and wound complications
- Less postoperative pain and swelling
- Faster recovery with minimal scarring
- Greater patient satisfaction
EVH has become a standard of care in the United States, with more than 80 percent of all CABG surgeries utilizing this technique.
Instructions for Use
Branch Division and Sealing Using the "CLAMP" Method
To realize the full benefit from the HEMOPRO 2 technology, be sure to follow the “CLAMP” method to produce proper branch division and sealing.
- A safety shut-down mechanism integrated into the handle will engage in the following situations:
- When the Jaws are activated frequently or for prolonged periods of time, with very short intervals between activation cycles.
- When the device is activated for prolonged periods of time (over 14 seconds of continuous activation).
When that happens, the device will temporarily deactivate in order to cool down.
- Cool-down period of ~ 30 seconds may be required before proceeding with long activation intervals such as fasciotomies or large branch transection.
- Cool-down period of ~ 15 seconds should be sufficient before proceeding with typical vessel branch transection or short activation intervals.
Refer to the Instructions for Use (IFU) product insert for detailed information on device description, instructions, contraindications, warnings, and precautions. A PDF (Adobe Acrobat) copy of the complete version of the VASOVIEW HEMOPRO 2 Endoscopic Vessel Harvesting System Instructions for Use is available in the product Information Downloads section. Or, visit the Downloads tab for a full listing of the additional electronic Instructions for Use files for this and other Maquet Cardiac Surgery products that are currently available.
Para fazer um pedido ou saber mais sobre qualquer um dos produtos Maquet, acessórios relacionados ou soluções terapêuticas, entre em contato com o representante de vendas local.
- Contacte-nos @wrappertag>