Venous Return Catheters
Designed for venous cannulation during extra-corporeal circulation.
The Venous Return Catheter is designed for venous cannulation during extra-corporeal circulation.
The single-, two- and three-stage catheters are used during cardiac surgery. Single-stage venous catheters are inserted through the right atrial wall into the superior and inferior vena cava. The two-stage venous catheter is generally inserted through the right atrial auricle in order to position the distal end in the inferior vena cava and the proximal opening of the catheter in the right atrium. The distal end of the three-stage venous catheter is positioned in the inferior vena cava, the proximal and the middle openings are positioned in the right atrium.
With its many different models, Maquet offers venous catheters to suit every operation.
All Maquet single-, two- and three-stage Venous Return Catheters are made of tissue-friendly, blood-compatible, and flexible PVC. Seamless connections between tip and tube guarantee smooth blood flow. The two-and three-stage catheters features an obturator to help monitor bleeding during insertion.
Depending on the model, Maquet catheters are available with full or partial wire reinforcement, without reinforcement, and with a straight or right angled tip. The venous catheters are equipped with a variety of different drainage.
- Available with or without wire reinforcement
- Various tip options (Bullet, Lighthouse, Pilot, Full Lumen)
Straight and right-angled versions
- Full or partial wire reinforcement, or without reinforcement
- Option of a connector
Bullet, Basket or Lighthouse tip shape
Two-stage SLIM catheter
- Made in one piece, thereby promoting constant blood flow due to its low profile; this results in a reduced risk of hemolysis.
- Thin design makes themIdeal for use during minimally invasive procedures
- Bullet or lighthouse tip
Can be supplied with or without connector
Two-stage SLIM ELLIPTIC catheter
- Low profile; made in one piece
- Ideal for use in minimally invasive procedures
- Especially flexible, thanks to the combination of thin catheter walls and tight wire-reinforcement
- Various tips (Bullet, Lighthouse) and an optional connector enable adjustment to suit specific conditions.
Three-Stage Venous Return Catheters
- Low profile and made in one piece
- The two atrial drainage baskets ensure consistent optimal flow
- Higher protection against atrial wall impingement
- Ideal for use in small adults, for vacuum assisted venous drainage or Maquet’s MECC System