|History of MAQUET|
- 1838 Johann Friedrich Fischer founds the company MAQUET in Heidelberg, Germany, manufacturing patient chairs and other health care equipment.
- 1876 Takeover of the company by Curt Maquet.
- 1933 The company MAQUET moves to Rastatt, Germany.
- 1958 POLYSTAN is founded by Mr. Erik Kyvsgaard and hundreds of hospitals worldwide used the ”Rygg-Kyvsgaard” bubble oxygenator, heart-lung machine and associated disposables during the 1960s and 70s.
- 1978 Foundation of the company ALM S.A in France.
- 1982 JOSTRA is founded in Hechingen, Germany by Lars Sunnanväder.
- 1999 Opening of the Surgical Academy at MAQUET in Rastatt, Germany, a forum for dialog between industry, hospitals and science.
- 2000 GETINGE AB Sweden acquires MAQUET and founds the business area Medical Systems. A period of expansion and growth begins.
- 2001 POLYSTAN becomes a member of the JOSTRA Group, making available the complete range of pediatric oxygenators.
- 2001 GETINGE AB acquires ALM S.A. France.
- 2003 GETINGE AB acquires Siemens Life Support Systems and the JOSTRA Group.
- 2006 GETINGE AB acquires Huntleigh Healthcare Ltd.
- 2007 MAQUET acquires Oty GmbH (Telemedicine).
- 2008 GETINGE AB acquires the Cardiac and Vascular Surgery businesses from Boston Scientific Corp. (including parts of its predecesor company, Guidant)
- 2009 GETINGE AB acquires Datascope Corp..