|On-Pump Cardiac Surgery|
MAQUET has a broad range of products to support the work of cardiothoracic surgeons performing coronary artery bypass grafting and other surgical procedures. Following the acquisition of Boston Scientific’s cardiac surgery businesses (including Guidant brand products), MAQUET now offers a complete line of products for cardiac revascularization, including on-pump, beating heart and endoscopic vessel harvesting products.
By providing a broad spectrum of products for optimal patient outcomes, MAQUET strives to become “The Gold Standard” in choice for cardiac surgeons, regardless of their preferred method of surgery.
|On-Pump Cardiac Surgery|
On-Pump Cardiac Surgery is performed using Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB) or a heart-lung machine that supports critical physiological functions for the patient’s body while the heart is being operated on. This is especially important and usually necessary during surgical procedures such as coronary artery bypass surgery, heart valve replacement and repair, the repair of congenital heart defects, and certain vascular procedures.
With 25 years experience in the field of cardiac surgery and extracorporeal circulation, MAQUET Cardiovascular is a global leader in the development and production of hardware and disposables for CPB and special extracorporeal therapies. MAQUET Cardiovascular products are specifically designed and engineered for safety and ease of use, and to maximize patient and clinician benefit. For example, surface coatings are used on certain blood contact system components to enhance biocompatibility, thus reducing potential blood component trauma which in turn has a positive effect on patient recovery.
MAQUET Cardiovascular systems and components are manufactured to the highest levels of quality to offer reliability, flexibility, accuracy, and ergonomic comfort. A comprehensive range of products is available to the surgical and perfusion team including:
- Broad range of extracorporeal venous, arterial, cardioplegia and specialty catheters and cannulae
- ROTAFLOW Centrifugal Pump system - the system of choice for both short and especially long term applications.
- BIOLINE and SAFELINE Coatings to enhance the biocompatibility of blood contact surfaces
State-of-the-art membrane oxygenators to provide highly controlled gas and heat exchange.
- High-quality tubing circuits and components.
- Cardioplegia delivery systems, including the PLEGIOX Cardioplegia Heat Exchanger with combined features and functions not available previously.
- Heart-lung machines complete with optional heater-cooler units for extracorporeal temperature control.
- Integrated data management systems to allow perfusionists to monitor, record, visualize, and manage a wide range of parameters and also featuring the ability to link to existing hospital networks.